InterAction Business Council (IBC)
Connecting business to community
InterAction is building partnerships with corporations that recognize the need to operate responsibly in poor and vulnerable communities. We are connecting leaders from corporations with our more than 180 members and jointly tackling challenges in areas such as nutrition, health and agriculture.
The IBC strategy centers on information sharing across sectors to strengthen partnerships that share an agenda and leverage each organization’s respective strengths for maximum impact. IBC devises best practices and frameworks for effective engagement strategies to maximize business and NGO investments, support transparency and accountability of development practices.
IBC Advisory Board Members
- Neal Keny-Guyer, CEO, Mercy Corps
- Kathy Spahn, President and CEO, Helen Keller International
- Eduardo Martinez, President, UPS Foundation
- Stephen Flowers, President Global Freight Forwarding, UPS
- Pierre Ferrari, CEO, Heifer International
- Jane Nelson, Director, Harvard Kennedy School's Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative
- George Hamilton, President, Institute for Sustainable Communities
- Jonathan D. Quick, MD, MPH, President and CEO, Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Charles MacCormack, InterAction Senior Fellow and former President and CEO Save the Children US
- Jeffrey C. Walker, philanthropist and former board chair of Millennium Promise
- Claude Fontheim, CEO of Fontheim International, LLC
- Samuel A. Worthington, President and CEO, InterAction
- Lindsay Coates, Executive Vice President, InterAction
- Jack Leslie, Chairman, Weber Shandwick
- Jack Muhs, Senior Vice President, Global Trade Services and International Planning and Engineering, FedEx
The Ideal InterAction Business Council Corporate Partner:
- Has values and a mission consistent with our own.
- Is committed to corporate social responsibility.
- Invests responsibly in local communities.
Why Join the Council?
InterAction is the biggest alliance of U.S.-based international NGOs, with members who use best practices in the field and comply with standards. Joining the InterAction Business Council will connect your company to the NGO community and the millions whose lives we help to improve.
Corporate Member Benefits:
- Network with NGO leaders who know the communities where they work.
- Spot trends ahead of the curve.
- Tap into local knowledge via specialized sector and country working groups.
- Access and collaborate with more than 180 vetted NGOs who comply with InterAction’s Private Voluntary Organization (PVO) standards.
- Attend InterAction’s annual Forum where more than 1,000 industry leaders gather each year.
Need more information?