How to Apply
A membership application and the related supplemental materials may be submitted at any time. Applications are reviewed by staff and the Membership and Standards Committee of InterAction's Board of Directors three times a year according to the calendar below. Applications approved for consideration are then presented for a vote during the next board meeting. This process may take as long as three months. Applicants are notified of their membership status ASAP after the next board meeting. Member dues are prorated in the first year, based on when the membership application was accepted.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements established by InterAction members and the board of directors. The application form must be accompanied by a set of required materials related to the applying organization's governance and legal status as well as three letters of recommendation, full details are below.
Membership Application Materials
- A completed member application form
- A copy of your organization’s by-laws (or similar statement for an associate member)
- Articles of Incorporation (or similar statement for an associate member)
- IRS Letter of Tax Exempt Status (or similar statement for an associate member)
- Most recent Annual Report
- Most current Audited Financial Statement
- Most current 990 (or similar statement for an associate member)
- Three letters of recommendation from the CEO or President of an NGO, PVO or CSO, on their letterhead, InterAction members preferred
- A signed copy of InterAction’s Standards Review Form. For a copy of the form, contact Kellie Peake. (does not apply to organizations applying as an associate member)
All application materials may be sent via email to Kellie Peake.
|Application Submission Deadline||Membership and Standards Committee review of prospective member applications||Board of Directors review and vote on prospective member applications|
|January 18, 2017||February 15, 2017||March 13, 2017|
|April 26, 2017||May 17, 2017||June 19, 2017|
|October 27, 2017||TBD (November 2017)||TBD (December 2017)|