Monitoring & Evaluation: Resources
The following is a partial list of M&E-related resources InterAction members and others may find useful.
- 3ie: 3ie, the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, funds impact evaluations and systematic reviews that generate evidence on what works in development programs and why. It is an international grant-making NGO promoting evidence-informed development policies and programs, with the aim of making development more effective and improving people's lives.
- ALNAP: ALNAP, the Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action, seeks to improve humanitarian performance through increased learning and accountability.
- American Evaluation Association: The American Evaluation Association (AEA) is an international professional association of evaluators devoted to the application and exploration of program evaluation, personnel evaluation, technology, and many other forms of evaluation. Among other things, it offers virtual professional development opportunities, including: 20-minute long webinars or "Coffee Break Demonstrations" designed to introduce audience members to new tools, techniques, and strategies in the field of evaluation, and eStudy webinars, 3- or 6-hour webinars provided by evaluation’s top presenters in multiple 90-minute sessions.
- BetterEvaluation: BetterEvaluation is an international collaboration to improve evaluation practice and theory by sharing information about options (methods or tools) and approaches.
- EvalPartners: The International Evaluation Partnership Initiative was launched by the International Organization for Cooperation in Evaluation (IOCE) and UNICEF, along with several other major organizations. The objective of the initiative is to enhance the capacities of CSOs to engage in strategic and meaningful manner in national evaluation processes, contributing to improved country-led evaluation systems and policies that are equity-focused and gender responsive. Among other things, EvalPartners has produced a mapping of existing voluntary organizations of professional evaluators (VOPEs).
- MEASURE Evaluation: MEASURE Evaluation is the USAID Global Health Bureau's primary vehicle for supporting improvements in monitoring and evaluation in population, health and nutrition worldwide. MEASURE Evaluation has developed and applied a variety of tools to improve decision-making in the health sector, and also offer in-person and online trainings.
- MyMandE: MyMandE aims to share knowledge on country-led M&E systems worldwide through an online platform. It facilitates the strengthening of a global community, while identifying good practices and lessons learned about monitoring and evaluation in general, and country-led M&E systems in particular. MyMandE has offered several e-learning courses on topics such as development evaluation, equity-focused and gender-responsive evaluation, and emerging practices in development evaluation.
- EVALTALK: The official discussion list of the American Evaluation Association.
- Monitoring and Evaluation NEWS: MandENEWS is a news service focusing on developments in monitoring and evaluation methods relevant to development programs with social development objectives.
- Pelican: Pelican, the platform for evidence-based learning and communication for social change, focuses on one central question: "How can we learn more from what we do while at the same time having the biggest possible impact on the social change processes in which we engage?"
- XCEval: A listserv for persons interested in issues associated with international and cross-cultural evaluation. Initially set up for the International and Cross-Cultural Topical Interest Group of the American Evaluation Association.