We believe in the dignity and humanity of all people. We envision a world where society and its systems are just, fair, and inclusive, enabling all people to participate and reach their full potential. We fully acknowledge that systemic and institutional inequities remain significant barriers for people and communities working to reach their full potential. We recognize that to achieve our vision, we must lead the NGO sector, especially in matters of race, in making the internal and external changes we want to see in society.
LEAD...with compassion for social justice.
STAND...in support with all those affected by inequity.
CREATE...space at the table for all groups to contribute.
PROVIDE...leadership development and opportunities for diverse representation.
BUILD...a sector that is committed to welcoming the voices and respecting the dignity of all.
Values & Culture
InterAction’s DEI work is grounded in our organization’s Values and Culture.
- We believe that InterAction is a place where our staff can Thrive.
- We Respect each other and our Members.
- InterAction’s Culture is inclusive and supportive.
- We Support each other and value others’ expertise, opinions, and feelings.
- We Engage to foster a community that creates solutions to problems.
We cannot talk about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion enough. With awareness, good things happen.