Join us from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM EDT as we discuss the current challenges and opportunities brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, including the transformations we want to see in society, and in the humanitarian, social justice, and environmental sectors.
This two-hour workshop will explore this conversation with a group of leaders of civil society networks and platforms, and on a short discussion document where leaders from a range of different sectors and backgrounds have shared their observations and thoughts.
The meeting will start with a series of provocations from the authors of the discussion document or from leaders of other platforms. These short insights will highlight the imperatives for change, given the current crisis, and where we might be able to build from the COVID-19 pandemic to re-energize the demands of civil society organizations to put people at the heart of the changes we need.
Breakout sessions will then explore:
- The new normal: Cementing the value of civil society
- Shifting the power: Getting beyond the rhetoric
- Transforming broken systems
- New internationalism: balancing universality and local focus
- Solidarity and protecting rights
- Keeping an eye on the prize: Climate and the sustainable development goals
- Tanya Cox | Director, CONCORD Europe
- Stephanie Draper | Chief Executive, Bond
- Tasneem Essop | Executive Director, Climate Action Network International
- Harsh Jaitli | CEO, VANI
- Wolfgang Jamann | Executive Director, ICSC
- Lysa John | CEO, CIVICUS
- Hibak Kalfan | Executive Director, NEAR
- Ignacio Packer | Executive Director, ICVA
- Sarah Strack | Director, Forus International
- Sam Worthington | CEO, InterAction
Join the Conversation
Organized by: Bond, CIVICUS, CONCORD Europe, Forus International, ICSC, Climate Action Network, ICVA, InterAction, NEAR, & VANI